Controlling external camera application alongside with stretch arm

Hi,
Version Stretch 3 edu.
I am using a DSLR camera to capture images by using stretch robots movement. With a 3D mounted part to replace the gripper, i can mount the camera on the robot in place of the gripper.

I am using gphoto2 to capture the images.

While controlling the robot using the gamepad controller, i want to execute a seciton of code which moves the entire arm from top to down and at the end of arm, it needs to move yaw, pitch and role one by one on its own while the we control the robot from the controller. How can it be implemented?

Example:
The user moves from position A to Position B. Once the robot reaches position B, it needs to execute a script which automatically moves the gripper in all 3 directions.

Hi @Yash, welcome to the forum! You can write Python code to jog the arm and wrist joints of the robot. Have you already seen the Getting Started tutorials?

Yes.
Would it be possible to run that code while running rtabmap?

No, if you’re using ROS2 (and RTABMAP), then the code is slightly different. I’ve written a quick tutorial for you: Motion Commands - Stretch Docs

1 Like

Thank you very much.

Could you please let me know where can i find the ranges for Lift and End of Gripper(Yaw, Pitch and Roll)?

Do we need to do rad_to_deg() for yaw pitch and roll?

Updated the tutorial to include Retrieving Joint Limits!

1 Like