Funmap crashing leading to loss of ros topics

Hello everyone, I’m currently in the process of connecting up hello robot to our online portal and we appear to be having problems with Funmap crashing leading to our agent and consequently the robot disconnecting. Have there been any updates to hello robot that might fix these issues? Thanks for your help!

Hi @ZaneRocos, welcome to the forum! Start with a “git pull” to ensure you’re using the latest Stretch FUNMAP we’ve released.

$ roscd stretch_funmap
$ git pull

Also, if you attach a log of the error(s) you’re seeing here, I will try to replicate it and find a fix for you.

Hey @bshah, thanks! really appreciate the quick reply. Here’s what came back from “git pull”.

hello-robot@stretch-re1-1033:~$ roscd stretch_funmap
hello-robot@stretch-re1-1033:~/catkin_ws/src/stretch_ros/stretch_funmap$ git pull
remote: Enumerating objects: 503, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (385/385), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (136/136), done.
remote: Total 503 (delta 277), reused 305 (delta 239), pack-reused 118
Receiving objects: 100% (503/503), 5.29 MiB | 6.87 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (310/310), completed with 64 local objects.
From https://github.com/hello-robot/stretch_ros
 * [new branch]      dev/noetic             -> origin/dev/noetic
   c1b4075..3795c78  develop                -> origin/develop
   92f942b..fb4ba62  feature/pluggable_end_effector -> origin/feature/pluggable_end_effector
 * [new branch]      feature/ros2_diffdrive -> origin/feature/ros2_diffdrive
   2d11191..c2fa9b7  master                 -> origin/master
Already up to date.
hello-robot@stretch-re1-1033:~/catkin_ws/src/stretch_ros/stretch_funmap$ git fetch
hello-robot@stretch-re1-1033:~/catkin_ws/src/stretch_ros/stretch_funmap$ git pull
Already up to date.
hello-robot@stretch-re1-1033:~/catkin_ws/src/stretch_ros/stretch_funmap$ git status
On branch no_gripper
Your branch is ahead of 'origin/no_gripper' by 1 commit.
  (use "git push" to publish your local commits)
nothing to commit, working tree clean
hello-robot@stretch-re1-1033:~/catkin_ws/src/stretch_ros/stretch_funmap$ 

Ah sorry @ZaneRocos, I wasn’t clear. I had meant that if you could attach a log of the errors you’re seeing when running FUNMAP, then I can help solve them. This should prevent your agent from disconnecting.