How to test with / without Stretch device?

Hi All, I am new to robotics and Hello robot / Stretch, so please bear with my stupid question. I would like to contribute to the open source code using Python and explore new use cases such as pharmacies. Can I know how I can test my code? I think testing in a simulator (don’t know if there is a simulator already) won’t be effective, as I really need to try my code with elements in the physical world like bottles / vials. Is Stretch available at a heavily discounted price for educational purposes? Is Stretch already available in one of University of South Florida or University of Central Florida or University of Florida?

Hello @BennyManny, welcome to the Stretch community forum and thanks for your interest in Stretch. I applaud your interest in contributing open-source code and exploring robotics with real robots and real objects in the real world. Stretch is available for purchase at https://hello-robot.com/. We do not offer discounts because we strive to keep our pricing flat, fair, and transparent for all customers. Regarding whether a Stretch robot is present at the universities you’ve listed, I recommend reaching out to robotics groups at those universities to learn more about their research and robots.

All the best!