Playing sound from the ROS Speakers

I am wondering if there is any way to use ROS in the stretch-robot to take in text or an audio file as input and play it through the speakers as output. Is there anything prewritten or any packages that can be used with the speakers in ROS to perform this role?
If not, do you know of any resources that would allow me to do the commands I hope to do so through python that would be easy to integrate with ROS topics? I understand that there might be a way to do so by writing code based off sretch_respeaker_test.py file?

Hi @Robot_Lover, it is possible to play text/audio files out to the speaker from ROS software. There is a ROS tutorial on the subject available at this link. In summary, a ROS package called “sound_play” has everything needed to go from a string to audio played out on the speaker. On Stretch, everything comes pre-installed (just ensure that the right device is selected in speaker settings, as shown by Aaron in this post). You may simply run the following two commands in separate terminals:

$ roslaunch sound_play soundplay_node.launch

[in a separate terminal]

$ rosrun sound_play say.py "hello robot"