Stretch_robot_system_check not working

I am reinstalling 20.04 on the stretch robot following the instructions given here: [stretch_ros/install_noetic.md at dev/noetic · hello-robot/stretch_ros · GitHub]. However, after installation I am getting the following error while running stretch_robot_system_check.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/aswingururaj/.local/bin/stretch_robot_system_check.py", line 34, in <module>
    r=robot.Robot()
  File "/home/aswingururaj/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/stretch_body/robot.py", line 103, in __init__
    self.pimu=pimu.Pimu()
  File "/home/aswingururaj/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/stretch_body/pimu.py", line 557, in __init__
    PimuBase.__init__(self, event_reset)
  File "/home/aswingururaj/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/stretch_body/pimu.py", line 165, in __init__
    self.config = self.params['config']
KeyError: 'config'

Any reason why this could be happening?

Thanks,
Aswin Gururaj

Hi @AswinGururaj, can you double check that step 4 of “Copying materials from the robot’s original Ubuntu 18.04 partition” was completed correctly. It’s expected that the folder named stretch-re1-xxxx/ resides in the home folder before executing the scripts in the next step.

Alternatively, the scripts may have failed to set up the ~/stretch_user folder correctly. The scripts log their output in ~/stretch_user/log/<timestamp>/stretch_logs.zip. Please attach these logs to see if installation had failed.

Hi @bshah ! I did copy the folder from the robot’s original Ubuntu 18.04 partition. I am not able to upload a zip file here. I have uploaded it to drive instead stretch_logs.zip - Google Drive

Thanks
Aswin Gururaj Prakash

Hi @bshah! I was able to get it working after running:
sudo chmod -R a+rwx /etc/hello-robot
I also moved the files in stretch-re1-xxxx/ inside ~/stretch_user folder and reran the script. After rebooting, it started working. Thanks a lot for your help!

Thanks,
Aswin Gururaj

Hi @AswinGururaj, glad to hear it! The ownership/permissions on the folder to be copied was likely what was causing the installation scripts to error out.