Hola, Stretch Community!
I’m Alan G. Sanchez, a robotics Ph.D. student at Oregon State University, and I am interning at Hello Robot this summer. I want to share all the new ROS tutorials developed for Stretch. These tutorials provide easy-to-follow instructions on installing and using the code to get Stretch to perform simple tasks. ROS tutorials exist for Melodic, Noetic, and Galactic (Beta). Check out the documentation here: Stretch Tutorials
Here is a list of a few example tutorials and gifs that demonstrate the capabilities of Stretch:
- Mobile Base Collision Avoidance
- Capture Image with RealSense Camera
- ArUco Tago Locator
- Create a “balloon” marker
I want to use this opportunity to acknowledge those who helped with these tutorials.
- Thanks to Professor Erickson and his students for providing a list of tutorial suggestions. Their feedback enlightened us on the preferred capabilities of the Stretch robot.
- Chintan Desai and Anna Garverick for giving tips on ROS features. Their insights improved my ability to navigate through the interface and improve the tutorials.
- Binit Shah and Charlie Kemp for orientation on how to present the tutorials. Their mentorship has been immensely helpful throughout the project.
- Aaron Edsinger for helping get all of this work to the Stretch User Documentation. It’s an excellent way for users to access the tutorials in an easy-to-follow format.
Please respond to this post if you have any questions or would like to have a tutorial on the functionality you want to see explained on Stretch. I’m excited about this work and welcome any feedback from the Stretch community!