Teleop Kit installation symlink missing

Hi, I am trying to run stretch_fisheye_web_interface and during installation the symlinks do not appear in the /dev/ folder. I double checked all the installation instructions and seem to be lost. Any suggestions?

Stretch re1, Ubuntu 20.04

Hi @nwright, sorry about the delayed reply here. Let me know if you’re still experiencing this issue. If so, I can investigate it. Are you using these installation instructions?

I was able to create the right symlink by changing the udev rule to be more strict.I did follow the instructions above.

Glad to hear it! What changes did you make to the udev rule?

88-hello-navigation-camera.rules
KERNEL==“video*”, ATTRS{serial}==“SN20210701002”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“0bda”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“5842”, ATTR{index}==“0”, MODE:=“0777”, SYMLINK+=“hello-navigation-camera”
89-hello-gripper-camera.rules
KERNEL==“video*”, ATTRS{serial}==“SN20210701016”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“0bda”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“5842”, ATTR{index}==“0”, MODE:=“0777”, SYMLINK+=“hello-gripper-camera”

ATTR{index}==“0” makes sure to grab the video stream and not the meta data stream.
I also had to change the serial number. Im guessing there should be a way to do it without the serial number

1 Like

Thanks! I ran into the meta data stream issue recently, so the tip about ATTR{index} is helpful. I’m looking into replacing the ATTRS{serial} with something else since the serial IDs are unique. I’ll hopefully push some updated udev rules to the repo soon!